Skin Cancer Home > Erivedge Dosage
Regardless of weight or other existing medical conditions, the dosage of Erivedge is the same for everyone. When treating basal cell carcinoma, the standard recommended amount of Erivedge is 150 mg once daily. You can take your medicine with or without food, but make sure to swallow the capsule whole.
An Introduction to Dosing With ErivedgeThere is only one standard recommended dose of Erivedge™ (vismodegib), regardless of your weight or other medical conditions. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
What Is the Recommended Erivedge Dosage?The standard recommended dose of Erivedge for the treatment of basal cell carcinoma is 150 mg once a day. Treatment is normally continued until the cancer progresses or until intolerable side effects occur.
General Information on Taking ErivedgeSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Erivedge include the following:
- Erivedge comes in the form of a capsule. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take your Erivedge dosage with or without food.
- Try to take your dose at about the same time each day to keep an even level of drug in your bloodstream.
- The capsules should be swallowed whole. Do not open or crush them.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Erivedge dosing in general, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.