Skin Cancer Home > Yervoy
When and How to Receive ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Yervoy include the following:
- This medication is given as an intravenous (IV) infusion, which is a slow injection into the vein. It is usually given every three weeks for up to four doses.
- The injections are given by a healthcare provider in a healthcare setting.
- Each Yervoy dose will be given slowly over a 90-minute period.
- Yervoy solution must be diluted prior to use. It should not be used if the medication is discolored, cloudy, or contains unknown particles.
- For this drug to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. Yervoy will not work as well if you miss doses.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Yervoy your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your weight
- How well you tolerate the medication.
Side Effects of YervoyJust like any medicine, Yervoy can cause side effects. However, not everyone who receives the drug will experience problems. Most people tolerate it quite well.