Skin Cancer Home > Skin Cancer
A Summary of Skin Cancer
Key points to keep in mind about skin cancer include:
- Skin cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancerous) cells form in the tissues of the skin
- Skin color and exposure to sunlight can affect the risk of developing nonmelanoma skin cancer and actinic keratosis
- Nonmelanoma skin cancer often appears as a change in the skin
- Tests or procedures that examine the skin are used to detect and diagnose nonmelanoma skin cancer
- Certain factors affect prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options for skin cancer.