Skin Cancer Home > Aldara
Side Effects of AldaraJust like any medicine, Aldara may cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the skin cream will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
- Flaky and/or dry skin
- Scabbing or crusting of the skin
- Ulceration or erosion (open sores) of the skin
- Oozing of the skin.
Drug InteractionsAldara appears to be unlikely to react with other medications (see Aldara Drug Interactions).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using Aldara if you have:
- A weakened immune system due to any cause
- An overactive immune system
- A sunburn
- Any other skin problems
- Any allergies, including to medications, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Undergoing treatment for actinic keratosis with surgery or other medications
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Aldara and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Aldara and Breastfeeding).