You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to receiving this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see DTIC-Dome and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see DTIC-Dome and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click DTIC-Dome Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not use the drug.)
An overdose with DTIC-Dome can cause dangerously low blood cell counts and other symptoms. Seek immediate medical attention if you may have been given too much of this medication.
(Click DTIC-Dome Overdose for more information.)
This medication will normally be stored by your healthcare provider. It is stored refrigerated and protected from light. DTIC-Dome must be mixed prior to use. Once mixed, it must be used within eight hours.
Keep this and all other medications out of the reach of children and pets.