Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with DTIC-Dome include the following:
- This medication is given into a vein (an intravenous, or IV, injection) once a day. It is usually given for 5 to 10 days in a row, followed by a break in treatment. However, your healthcare provider may recommend other dosing schedules.
- Limiting your food intake for four to six hours before receiving your injection may help reduce the risk of vomiting.
- The injection is normally given by a healthcare provider in a healthcare setting, such as a hospital or clinic.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your DTIC-Dome dosage, please talk with your healthcare provider or pharmacist.