Off-Label Uses for AldaraOn occasion, your healthcare provider may recommend Aldara for something other than treating the conditions discussed in this article. This is called an "off-label" use. Off-label uses of Aldara might include treating the following conditions:
- Other types of warts (other than genital or perianal warts)
- Actinic cheilitis (a precancerous condition of the lip)
- Various forms of skin cancer
- Cutaneous leishmaniasis (a parasitic skin infection)
- Molluscum contagiosum (although studies of the drug in children have not shown it to be effective for this use).