Aldara Side Effects
Side Effects to ReportSome side effects of Aldara are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Flu-like symptoms, such as:
- General ill feeling
- Joint pain
- Muscle pain
- Severe vulvar swelling (in females using the drug to treat genital warts), possibly causing difficulty passing urine
- Severe skin reactions
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.
Aldara is not particularly likely to cause allergic reactions, although allergic reactions are possible with just about any medication. Most of the skin reactions to Aldara are not allergic reactions, but are normal and expected skin side effects.
Final ThoughtsYou may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while using Aldara or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.